Havelock North Business Association is a non-profit, incorporated society made up of owners and representatives of a number of businesses in Havelock North, Hawke’s bay. The Association’s goal is to create tangible value for its members.
The Association has two key roles, to provide a support network for local businesses and to develop strategies to enhance, promote and advance Havelock North as a destination.
Objectives of the HNBA:
- To conserve promote & advance the interest and welfare of the retailers, merchants, traders and other commercial concerns promoting services to the public within the district known as Havelock North.
- To conduct on behalf of the Association advertising and promotional campaigns through press, radio, television and by any means approved by the Association and its committee.
- To represent or arrange for representation of the interests of members of the Association generally in legal, town planning and other like proceedings where such representation is in the interests of the Association.
- To promote or oppose bill, legislation and other measures or by-laws affecting the interests of the members
- To seek redress of wrongs from which all or any of the members may from time to time suffer or make representations by way of deputations or otherwise bring under the notice of the NZ Government or any other constituted authority such matters as in the opinion of the Association require attention or alteration.
- The continuation of the brand and national marketing strategy.
The benefits to you of becoming a member include:
- Access to Public communications regarding business from local council and govt via newsletters.
- Advocacy on policy/grant applications on behalf of the local business community.
- National promotions funded by the Business Association to promote Havelock North as a holiday and event destination
- Part of Havelock North events and promotions are organised by the Business Association to bring people into the village.
- Access to promotional materials under the ‘Love Havelock North’ and ‘Love the Village’ branding.
- Social networking at Meet and Greet.
- Introduction at our next Meet and Greet to HNBA members.
- Presence on Havelock North website directory website.
- Your business will be recognised at our annual Business Awards event at significant milestones.